Updated: Jul 21, 2021
This Breakfast Egg Cups Recipe is ideal for a quick breakfast. Make them ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator or freezer, and reheat them in the microwave when ready to eat.
Is it already time for school to begin?! Isn't summer just getting started?! I suppose it's time to start planning some quick breakfasts for those hectic school mornings.
Mornings can be challenging to say the least. When it comes to school mornings, it is best to prep as much as you can the night before or the weekend before. Pancakes from Saturday can become daily breakfasts. Sandwiches can be made the night before for lunch, and these breakfast egg cups can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. Ideal for those hectic school mornings!
If you utilize leftover vegetables in these morning egg cups, they will never go to waste. For the bright colors, use red bell pepper and spinach. It gives these egg muffins a "confetti" look, in my opinion. We eat with our eyes, after all, and children are drawn to vivid hues. A sprinkling of cheese is also great!
These breakfast egg cups are best served with salsa or ketchup, but they can also be heated and eaten on the go! Everything has been portioned out and is ready to eat. You may also use a colorful muffin tin to serve them in. These are definitely worth including on your breakfast menu!
1 tsp. nonstick frying spray
1/2 dozen big eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 red medium bell pepper
3/4 cup of spinach
1 oz cheddar cheese
1. Set aside a muffin tray that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 375°F .
2. In a mixing dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Salt & pepper to taste.
3. The bell pepper should be diced into small bits. Stack the spinach leaves in a stack, roll them up, and thinly slice them. (This technique is known as chiffonade.)
4. Toss the egg mixture with the peppers, spinach, and grated cheddar.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until centers are no longer runny.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 119mg | Sugar: 1g